exercise, regular blood sugar testing and treatment therapy, people living with
diabetes can lead full and active lives.
complications, including stroke, kidney disease, high blood pressure, blindness,
nerve problems and amputations. If detected early and treated properly,
complications can be prevented or delayed.
cornerstone of successful diabetes treatment, however many patients in the U.S.
are not achieving recommended A1C targets, which are a measure of a person’s
average blood glucose control for the past 2 to 3 months.
component for successful short- and long-term treatment of diabetes and
and one or more diabetes medicines including, insulin, pills and other injectable
medicine to control blood glucose levels, are the basic management tools for
significant discoveries in the field of medicine and continues to be a mainstay of
diabetes treatment as a way to reduce the risk of developing serious
suspected to impact insulin usage, including needle anxiety, fear of
injection pain and inconvenience coupled with psychological barriers to
insulin initiation (e.g. social embarrassment).
insulin therapy, people with diabetes need to take it exactly as directed by their
physicians. For many patients, it will be important to choose an insulin delivery
method that works for their lifestyle, whether it be a vial and syringe or an easyto-
use insulin delivery device.
successful outcome of treatment today; however, the adoption rates
among physicians and patients in the U.S. are still relatively low.
pens (durable, refillable or prefilled disposable insulin pens) compared to
95% and 88% in Japan and Europe, respectively, according to a
September 2009 study.
market providing options to diabetes patients to help them actively
manage their own health.
EIC on Twitter
- Memorial Day weekend is here! Get your UV update here before planning your outdoor activities - be sun safe! http://t.co/lTEs5OxVEj about 15 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- What is your favorite type sunscreen? Comment to tell us. Tomorrow is is #DontFryDay. Prevent skin cancer by using SPF 30+ and reapplying... about 1 day ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Kudos4Cudlitz: . @Cudlitz won @EIC_online #PRISMAward for "Legacy" in #SouthLAnd S4 - wonder what S5 ep will get him a nod next yr? htt… about 1 day ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EIC is proud to announce award-winning actress and mental health advocate Glenn Close will narrate “A New State of... http://t.co/PS4uthn0za about 1 day ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EIC is proud to announce award-winning actress and mental health advocate Glenn Close will narrate “A New State of Mind: Ending the... about 1 day ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite