|Trouble Viewing This Email? Click Here!|
Helping Young Adults
Suggestions for Depiction
People—especially young adults—need to understand what to do if someone they know attempts suicide or shows signs of suicidal behavior.
For More Depiction Suggestions Read
Picture This: Depression and Suicide Prevention
Profile On: Bravo
Working with the Entertainment Industries Council, Bravo aired various PSA’s during the episodes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and during other programming, and also taped interviews with the participants of the show. Bravo also provided additional information and resources online at Bravotv.com, including the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline number. The web site also carried the annual PRISM Awards Showcase which featured the Lifeline number and several segments that focused on suicide.
The entertainment industry has an unparalleled ability to affect the way audiences understand and react to health and social issues. Bravo’s efforts provided not only the acknowledgment that suicide needs to be addressed and understood but also served to open up a forum of conversation about warning signs and what resources are available to people who may be experiencing feelings of depression or contemplating suicide.
PSA promotion of Suicide Prevention Lifeline in conjunction with Bravo channel, realizing 42,406,800 gross impressions
(all ages); 16,975,396 unique impressions (All ages)
Established in 2010, the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention is a public-private partnership developed to guide the implementation of the goals and objectives in the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention (NSSP). Its mission is to advance the NSSP by championing suicide prevention as a national priority; catalyzing efforts to implement high priority objectives of the NSSP; and cultivating the resources needed to sustain progress.
“There is strong evidence that a comprehensive public health approach is effective in reducing suicide rates.”
- Action Alliance Home Page
For More Information
If you or someone you know is battling depression or thoughts of suicide
THE NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE
1 800 273 TALK (8255)
To speak with a counselor today!
For Veterans Press 1
Through the Annual PRISM Awards
Here are a few past PRISM Award winning productions that depicted the topic of suicide with both creativity and accuracy.
Unscripted Non-Fiction Program
For More Information about the PRISM Awards past and present visit
EIC’s FREE resource to the creative community offering access to experts on this and many other topics.
To set up your own FREE
For more EIC updates visit our
Visit Us online!
EIC on Twitter
- RT @MediaTEAMUp: Looking forward to @BarackObama and @TheWhiteHouse’s 6/3 #mentalhealth conference. Stay tuned for more info: http://t.co/X… about 14 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MediaTEAMUp: Are you a journalist with a question on covering #mentalhealth? Tweet at us and check out the resources on our site! http:… about 1 day ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MediaTEAMUp: @EIC_online & @Univision34LA brought together #reporters & experts discussing #mentalhealth in the Latino community: http:… about 1 day ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NewMediaFF: Just 1 Month Away until the festival, we compiled together the schedule. You can download and/or view it here http://t.co/9… about 1 day ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s Skin Cancer Awareness month! Take this opportunity to get informed about sun-safety: http://t.co/50Xxj3Qjte about 1 day ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite