Vin Di Bona captivated television audiences when he introduced America’s Funniest Home Videos in 1989. In March 2006, AFV became the longest running primetime entertainment show in the history of the network. Di Bona previously created America’s Funniest People in 1990. Prior to founding Vin Di Bona Productions, Di Bona produced the special Papal Spacebridge ’87, which documented Pope John Paul II’s visit to the U.S., as well as the pilot and first season of the Richard Dean Anderson action series MacGyver. From 1981-83, he produced more than 460 daily and weekly editions of Entertainment Tonight, guiding the series toward its status as a syndication icon. Di Bona, an eight-time Emmy Award nominee, and has won four Emmys as a producer. Aside from his many accomplishments in the entertainment industry, Di Bona is also highly recognized for his role as Chairman of The Caucus for Television Producers, Writers & Directors. Mr. Di Bona also has many charitable interests. At Marymount High School, he has worked to revitalize the building fund. He is active in Bread for the Poor, The Westside Children’s Center, The Human Rights Campaign and Newport Hospital in Rhode Island.
EIC on Twitter
- Protect your skin and prevent wrinkles by using SPF 30+ sunscreen and wearing your favorite hat on #DontFryDay Friday! about 7 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Block the sun, not the holiday fun! Friday is #DontFryDay, so don't forget to apply (and re-apply!) your sunblock! #memorialday #sunsafety about 12 hours ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just added on SETforJOBS: @NASA Exploration Design Challenge, A special Message from Leland Melvin http://t.co/AiDNE93vI7 about 15 hours ago from a Ning Network ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MediaTEAMUp: .@Southland_TNT Michael @Cudlitz’s accurate #mentalhealth depiction saved viewer’s life. See his #PRISMAwards speech http:… about 1 day ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Friday before Memorial Day is Don’t Fry Day! Remember to reapply SPF 30+ sunscreen every 2 hours Visit http://t.co/gya3kC3lxQ for more info about 1 day ago from HootSuite ReplyRetweetFavorite